WHAT WE DO
GADCO aims to become the premier integrated agri-food company focused on sustainable triple bottom-line returns in Africa.
- Provide nutritional, reliable, and safe Copa food products at competitive prices for customers.
- Continual innovation to business operations to ensure shared value for all stakeholders.
- Transform livelihoods and build food security through markets.
- GADCO is focused on cereal and protein-based food markets in sub-Saharan Africa. The Company builds and operates integrated and sustainable value chains from agri-production to packaged food products to serve African markets, including the strategic Base of the Pyramid (BOP) market segment. GADCO will produce food products from key staples and proteins, which are marketed within sub-Saharan Africa under its Copa brand. Vertical integration enables end-to-end control of production, standards, processing value add, storage and delivery to its end customers.
- GADCO's focus on upstream, midstream, and downstream activity is highly complementary within the African market context, given the state of physical infrastructure, market fragmentation, and relatively poor productivity. GADCO will build an agri-ecosystem, including long-term agricultural leases with partner communities, allowing it to cluster production across multiple countries in a variety of high-demand food products. Its flagship GADCO Smallholder Program (GSP) provides market access to smallholders on a scalable and equitable basis - particularly for women - the most vital actors in African agri-food markets.
- GADCO will continually invest in R&D; sustainable methodologies; and productivity-enhancing technologies to (1) create commercial high-yield environments; and (2) enable smallholder programs through strong inputs and guaranteed market access. This dual production approach, coupled with tight organizational processes for ensuring global standards for traceability and safety, allows GADCO to develop African food products at a competitive price. Through joint ventures and partnerships, GADCO will leverage this integrated capability to develop attractive food product lines under its Copa brand.
- GADCO's strategic objective in the next 6-8 years is to scale its business model across eight countries in key breadbasket regions, starting in Ghana.
The Company has launched operations in Ghana for the production, processing, and marketing of long-grain perfumed rice under its own Copa brand, with Finatrade as its distribution partner and Syngenta AG as the technology input partner. GADCO has partnered with the Fieve Community in the Sogakope region under an innovative community partnership for agricultural land and economic development.